Discover new ways to save.
Once approved, CEWO will schedule your FREE Home Energy Assessment – a $500 value. It’s an in-depth, 4 hour assessment of your home’s energy performance that removes the guesswork by pinpointing energy saving opportunities. A Building Performance Institute (BPI) certified contractor, who’s monitored by your independent and objective Energy Adviser, will bring the best of building science, and identify whatever needs fixing.
Your Home Energy Assessment begins with a few questions about your home, includes a review of your energy bill and may continue with:
- A “crawl through” inspection of insulation in your attic, crawlspace and just about every other nook and cranny where energy sneaks out
- An infrared camera to search for hot and cold spots inside walls, around windows and below baseboards
- A blower door test to depressurize your house and bring those hidden air leaks to life
- A duct blaster test to search for leakage in the duct work of forced-air heating and cooling systems
- A safety test of heating and cooling equipment, including carbon monoxide levels and combustion appliance back-draft testing
With a professional Home Energy Assessment there’s no guesswork. You receive a custom report that is basis for your contractor and our lending partner to present an integrated cost estimate and financing package. Then, you can see what your monthly repayment and expected energy savings will be — and find some new comforts out of your old house.